There are times a single applicant may not qualify for a standard home loan, but could qualify if other members of their household join the application.
We know millions of young people still live at home or are struggling paying expensive rent. That means they will only have a small deposit to put down on a property and they miss out on most of the better mortgage rates. At the same time, families may have savings and property that could be used as security for a buyer. The Family Mortgage brings these wider family assets into the mortgage calculation, helping to reduce the cost for the buyer but not asking family members to hand it over as a gift.
Particularly useful in several circumstances below, including but not limited to:
• Parents looking to provide off-campus housing for their student in university or college
• Adults looking to purchase property for their elderly parents
• Individuals seeking to secure a residence for an immediate family member who is unable to do so independently
• Minimum loan : $10,000
• Maximum loan: $5m
• Up to 95% LTV
• Standard 45pc / 65pc rations apply.
• No subordinate or secondary financing is allowed
• The occupants of the property may/may not be an applicant for the loan
• Borrower must sign the Family Loan Programme Disclosure that states:
- A specified immediate family member will occupy the home
- That the property is not intended for rental
• Approved Property Applications: Currently restricted to buying a home from DCANS Properties only.
• Competitive variable or fixed interest rate in Ghana cedis, US dollars, GB pounds sterling or euro.
Our family mortgage helps you:
• get lower interest rates, meaning lower monthly payments;
• pay interest on a smaller amount of the mortgage, meaning lower monthly payments;
• increase your buying power when choosing a property to buy.
• put assets to work for the buyer as security for the mortgage;
• help the next generation own their own home without giving the money as a gift.
• Work in the public or private sector, including self-employed.
• Earn a minimum net salary of ghs1,000 a month
• Be permanently employed
• Be over 21 years and under/at 60 years by the end of the loan term.
• Fill in a Home Loan Application form and attach the following supporting documents:
- Proof of income – past three months’ payslips · Proof of past two years’ employment
- Proof of identity – passport, driver’s licence, Voter’s Identity Card
- Proof of residence
- Loan will be approved subject to a positive credit bureau report
How to apply
Kindly complete an online application form here to get started. You need a TDG Number before you can apply successfully on this platform. DCANS Properties will issue you your TDG Number before you can apply for this loan.
YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE.