aka Litigation Funding, Third-party Litigation Funding
Litigation funding is where a third party provides the financial resources to enable litigation or arbitration cases to proceed. If the case is won, the funder receives an agreed share of the proceeds of the claim. If the case is unsuccessful, the funder loses its money and nothing is owed by the litigant.
It’s a David-and-Goliath dynamic, a way to win otherwise unwinnable wars.
- Obviously for civil lawsuits (focused exclusively on commercial cases - eg. breach-of-contract [disputes] )
- Currently restricted for existing customers with Sikamaster Member Area Login Access.
- Lawyers may contact us, or plaintiffs may contact us directly
- We use tech to speed up due diligence
- Uniquely structured to accommodate idiosyncratic risk in the court system that can’t be anticipated.
- Helps undercapitalized plaintiffs further meritorious cases by financing commercial litigation expenses
- Provides capital injections for already filed cases that experience funding constraints
- Reduces the risk of premature settlement for less than cases are worth
- Unlocks liquidity for working capital
- Provides a cushion for personal expenses
- Allows companies to manage how litigation costs affect their balance sheets
- Enables greater access to top legal talent
Lawyers and Law Firms
- Allows attorneys and law firms to accept cases from plaintiffs who otherwise could not afford their fees
- Provides capital for all litigation expenses, including expert witness fees - Reduces the risk that clients will run out of money during litigation
- Enables attorneys and law firms to offer more flexible payment arrangements to prospective clients
- Increases plaintiffs’ effectiveness by providing funding for working capital and personal expenses
- Helps achieve recoveries that are more in line with case merits and damages
How to apply
Kindly complete an online application here.