Finding the money to finance a startup is one of the toughest tasks a new business owner can face. While you might have an extraordinary idea for a business, and even a solid business plan, you may not qualify for a traditional bank loan. Banks generally don’t lend money to businesses without an abundant credit history, a proven track record of at least two or three years, and/or an owner’s equity stake in the business. Sikamaster Loans lend to businesses with little to no track record, in line with our inbuilt checks and balances.
Startup business loans so hard to come by lending money to startups is considered riskier than to established businesses because without evidence of a company’s ability to succeed, there’s a smaller chance the business will be able to repay the loan. However, Sikamaster Loans can help fund your startup business. Sikamaster Loans provides many loans to start-up businesses. Use your capital to purchase inventory, secure a space, or cover other start-up costs.
Sikamaster Loans mission is to finance up to 10,000 Ghanaian startups across industires and locations with solid business proposals employing at least four(4) persons per business, by 2027.
• purchasing inventory
• buying or leasing equipment
• professional expenses
• hiring employees
• financing any of the many expenses involved with being an entrepreneur
• Examples of Startup Businesses we finance include, but not limited to - Auto Repair Shop, Restaurant, Retail, Transport, Hospitals/Clinics, Spa, Cleaning, Barbershops, Manufacturing
• Aside startup loans, we can also help with business development and strategies. When Sikamaster Loans lends capital to your business, you will also gain access to advice and support if requested, as you get your business off the ground.
We partner with businesses in a variety of industries and sizes, but they all have one thing in common: the motivation to grow.
1. Must be a registered business/company in Ghana, either as a Sole Proprietor or a Limited Liability Company
2. Current working business plan. Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) guaranteed.
3. Must have a business bank accounts with any of the 23 BoG-regulated universal banks, in the name of the registered company
4. Must be employing at least four people (including the founders/business-owners)
5. Business Website mandatory
6. You do not need to meet all the above requirements before applying for a loan but at least the fifth (5th) requirement must be met before any loan application can be made. Note that, relevant sections of the other requirements must be met before any loan disbursements can be made.
Startup Loan Benefits
- Loan amounts between $100 and $500,000. Disbursed in Ghana Cedi
- Interest rates as low as 6.00% per annum
- Loan can be available as either cash, or credit accounts with any of our Merchant Partners.
- What you get in addition to the money: Industry contacts, specialized expertise or connections to additional sales and marketing channels.
How to apply
You need to have setup a website as stated here and must have been added to our database before before you can make an application for this startup loan.
You can apply for this loan type only via GHStartups.com. A better option to have your startup business well catered for is to apply via GHStartups.com (a sister company). You get more than just funding when applying via the startup ecosystem platform.
Quick Startup Loan FAQ
Q: How long will it take me to complete the loan application?
A: Our loan application can be completed in about 20 minutes
Q: How much money can I borrow?
A: Loan amounts vary by business type, but range from $100 - $500,000 (usually disbursed in Ghana Cedis, unless otherwise stated). Higher amounts also available via our SME Business Loans.